Friday, July 8, 2016

Swaddling Made Easy: The Woombie!

Everyone goes on and on about swaddling. Nurses and pediatricians say it is a must, there are pictures of perfectly swaddled babies all around Instagram and Facebook. My husband and I failed at swaddling. Each night we would swaddle our daughter up only to find her busted out of her swaddle 5-10 minutes later. Clearly we were missing something. We watched Youtube videos and read Pinterest How-Tos but nothing we did seemed to work. We tried so many brands of swaddles too (I will make another post on what we do with all those swaddles now, since  we don't use them as swaddles), for some reason we kept thinking a new swaddle blanket was the problem. It wasn't.

One night when we were attempting to swaddle our daughter I remembered something my mom had purchased for us. We had been shopping together at a cute baby boutique in Little Rock, Arkansas (The Toggery) when my mom saw a box with a sleeping sack inside. She thought the name "Woombie" was so cute and decided to pick one up. I grabbed it out of the dresser and figured it was worth a try. My initial thoughts were that I didn't understand how my daughter was going to fit, it seemed to be small, but the box said 5-13 pounds. We put our daughter inside and zipped it up. IMMEDIATELY our daughter was asleep. It happened so fast I insisted on watching her sleep for the next 10 minutes to make sure she was okay. Ever since then our daughter has slept in a Woombie every night.  I also learned that the reason it appears small is because it is made of the same material yoga pants are made from. The Woombie is very stretchy so our daughter actually has room to move inside the Woombie (and she does), so there is no concern of hip dysplasia. We love it.

What I love about the Woombie:
  • It's easy. You just have zip baby up inside of it and then snap the top button.
  • It works. Our daughter loves it, she sleeps so well in it. As soon as we started using it she moved to one wake up per night or less! We usually get a minimum of 6 hours at a time.
  • Good customer service. We had an incident where the zipper on one of our Woombies broke. I was hopeful that there was a way to fix it, and reached out to Woombie customer service. They sent us a new one (and it arrived quickly!) for free and asked for pictures of what had happened to the zipper so they could send it to their development team.
  • It's lightweight. We now use the Woombie Air since we live in Southern California and don't have a/c. I feel like its breathable for her and it is easy to store and even pack for trips.
  • Cute patterns! The patterns are so cute. The pink roses or the "I love you" are probably my favorites.
Cons:
  •  The price. While it isn't much more expensive than other "easy swaddles", it is a little pricier than a basic swaddle blanket would be. While I say this is a con, I think this is worth every penny.
 You can purchase the Woombie here.

Disclaimer: Other then the Woombie we received as gift from my mom, we purchased all of the Woombies we own ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment